Eligibility + Nomination Process
Current MƒA Master Teachers who are in their second, third, fourth, or fifth Master Teacher Fellowship are eligible to be nominated. The award recipient must be available on the evening of the award ceremony.
Master Teachers who are active in at least their second Master Teacher Fellowship are eligible to be nominated for the MƒA Muller Award for Professional Influence in Education.
We seek nominations from individuals who work in math and science education and who want to recognize extraordinary MƒA Master Teachers who are making contributions to the field of STEM education. Nominations can be submitted by anyone in the following categories:
- Principal, Assistant Principal, coach, or non-MƒA teaching colleague from the teachers’ school
- Any district or central administrator
- A mathematician or scientist or faculty in higher education
- Any professional engaged in STEM-related issues in education
*MƒA staff members and current MƒA teachers are not eligible to serve as nominators, though current MƒA teachers may serve as references.
A complete nomination consists of the following:
- The Nomination Form, which includes contact information and title of the nominator.
- A written description (nomination letter) explaining how the nominee meets the criteria for this award (see Award Criteria). The description should not exceed three single-spaced, typed pages. The extent to which the description makes a succinct case for the teacher is more important than the letter’s length.
- No more than three artifacts that illustrate the nominee’s influence. This may include items authored by the nominee, materials produced under the nominee’s leadership, and media articles about the nominee or their work.
Upon submission of a nominator’s materials (above), MƒA will contact the teacher being nominated to request contact information for two additional professionals who are willing to serve as references. At least one of these individuals must be from an entity other than the nominee’s school (current MƒA teachers may serve as references).
All nomination materials must be received by end of day on the application deadline in order to be considered for the award.