A new vision for STEM teaching and learning
At MƒA, we believe that making it possible for expert teachers to collaborate, learn, and lead strengthens our education system and is the best way to ensure all students get the education they deserve. MƒA is a model for the profession that shows how it might evolve.
Three things to know about Math for America:
- We recognize and treat teachers as STEM professionals.
- Our fellowships create a community that advances the profession through teacher collaboration, learning, and leadership.
- We support nearly 1,000 STEM teachers working in hundreds of K-12 public schools in New York City.
The MƒA Model
- Cutting-edge content
- Innovative teaching practices
- Research-based professional development models
- Improved teacher retention
- Better teaching and professional development in schools
- Increased student learning
Our Model in Action
Acknowledging and Affirming Our Students’ Experiences
"I'm grateful to MƒA for building a sense of community, where it's safe, where they challenge and support you. It's the kind of community that I want to build at my school, and that I want my students to have."
Ray Ahmed, MƒA Master Teacher
Nearly half of all public high schools have STEM teachers in MƒA’s fellowship program, and MƒA teachers make up roughly 10% of the secondary STEM teaching force in NYC. Cities and states have adopted the MƒA model to create publicly funded fellowship programs. The success of these programs shows that MƒA’s model works in rural, urban, and suburban school districts.