Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Admissions
Eligibility | Criteria | Process | Components | Interviews | Decisions | FAQ
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Eligibility
Applicants must fulfill all of the following requirements in order to be eligible for a 2022 Master Teacher II+ Fellowship:
- Be in the 2018 Master Teacher Fellowship cohort OR have successfully completed a full Master Teacher Fellowship.
- Work full-time in grades K-12 in a New York City public or charter school and plan to do so for the next four years.
- Teach mathematics or science for at least 60% of their schedule.
MƒA Reapplication Policy
There is no limit on how many times a teacher may apply for a fellowship with MƒA. However, teachers may not apply for any fellowship at MƒA more than twice in a four year period. We encourage you to use this policy when making decisions about when to apply.
Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Admissions Criteria
The Master Teacher II+ Fellowship is a fellowship awarded to teachers who will advance their influence, their thought leadership, and their innovative practices as a result of the learning opportunities offered in an MƒA Fellowship. In this way, a Master Teacher II+ Fellowship is different from a Master Teacher Fellowship.
MƒA seeks applications from teachers who will expand their impact as evidenced through taking advantage of the valuable learning opportunities they’ve had in their previous MƒA fellowship.
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Overall Admissions Process
The admissions process asks applicants to reflect on their previous Master Teacher Fellowship and the ways in which they used their previous fellowship to create substantial value and impact for themselves, their students, and their fellow educators.
Applicants will also share their ideas about how they will create more value and impact in their next fellowship.
The Application Process is as follows:
- Submit a written application (via the MƒA website)
- MƒA reviews your application and your participation in the previous fellowship
- You are either invited to interview, accepted early decision, or declined (See below for more details.)
- MƒA issues final fellowship award decisions in mid-March
|Application Available||Application Deadline||Interview Notification||Interview
January 14 2022
February 4 2022
|February 14 -
March 10 2022
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Written Application Components
- Writing Exercises: Complete writing exercises composed of a series of questions about the experiences you have had in your prior MƒA fellowship and your ideas about how you might utilize a future fellowship to expand your influence and impact.
- Contact Information for One Reference: Provide contact information for one MƒA colleague. The MƒA colleague may not teach at your school or be applying for an MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship this year. The MƒA Colleague will then be sent a customized form to complete on your behalf.
- Observation Report(s): Submit your most recent observation (formal or informal).
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Invitation to Interview
Teachers who meet the above admissions criteria will be invited to a 30-min interview before a final fellowship determination is made.
The purpose of in-person interviews is to gain a better understanding of how applicants have advanced their influence, thought leadership, and practices as a result of the transformative learning opportunities offered in their prior MƒA Fellowship.
A select group of teachers who demonstrate exceptional evidence of advancing their influence, thought leadership, and innovative practices as a result of the transformative learning opportunities offered in an MƒA Fellowship will be awarded a Master Teacher II+ Fellowship via early decision. These candidates will have their interview waived.
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Declined
Teachers who do not meet our standards for a Master Teacher II+ Fellowship will be not be invited to interview and will not continue in the admissions process.