Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Admissions
Eligibility | Criteria | Process | Components | Interviews | Decisions | FAQ
The 2020 MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Application will open December 2019.
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Eligibility
You are eligible to apply for a 2020 Master Teacher II+ Fellowship if:
- You are a current 2016 Master Teacher OR you have successfully completed a full Master Teacher Fellowship.
- You work full-time in grades K-12 in a New York City public school and plan to do so for the next four years.
- You teach mathematics or science for at least 60% of your schedule.
MƒA Reapplication Policy
There is no limit on how many times you may apply for a fellowship with MƒA. However, you may not apply for any fellowship at MƒA more than twice in a four year period. We encourage you to use this policy when making decisions about when to apply.
Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Admissions Criteria
The Master Teacher II+ Fellowship is a fellowship awarded to teachers who will advance their influence, their thought leadership, and their innovative practices as a result of the learning opportunities offered in an MƒA Fellowship. In this way, a Master Teacher II+ Fellowship is different from a Master Teacher Fellowship.
MƒA seeks applications from teachers who will expand their impact as evidenced through taking advantage of the valuable learning opportunities they’ve had in their previous MƒA fellowship.
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Overall Admissions Process
The admissions process provides teachers an opportunity to reflect on your Master Teacher Fellowship and the impact it has had on your teaching practice and professional identity.
There are 5 stages:
- Verify your eligibility
- Submit a written application (via the MƒA website)
- MƒA reviews your past fellowship engagement, attendance, and conduct
- You are either invited to interview, accepted early decision, or declined based on MƒA’s review of your written application. (See below for more details.)
- MƒA issues final fellowship award decisions in late March
|Application Available||Application Deadline||Interview Notification||Interview
|February 10 -
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Written Application Components
- Personal Information Review: You will be asked to confirm and update your information we have on file.
- Contact Information for Two References: You will need to submit the contact information for two references: a current Principal or Assistant Principal and one MƒA colleague. The MƒA colleague may not teach at your school or be applying for an MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship this year. MƒA will email your references customized forms to complete on your behalf.
- Writing Exercises: You will need to complete two 500-word writing exercises based on a prompts provided in the application.
- Observation Report(s): You will need to submit either your most recent formal observation (preferred) or your two most recent informal observation reports along with your last formal observation report.
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Invitation to Interview
Teachers who meet the above admissions criteria will be invited to a 30-min in-person interview before a final fellowship determination is made.
A select group of teachers who exceed the admissions criteria listed above will have their interview waived and will be awarded a Master Teacher II+ Fellowship via early decision.
Teachers selected for early decision acceptance will be required to take part in a small “focus group” meeting with other teachers as a means of helping the MƒA research department collect information related to their fellowship experience. Focus groups will be 1.5 hours and will take place in April.
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Declined
Teachers who do not meet our standards for a Master Teacher II+ Fellowship will be not be invited to interview and will not continue in the admissions process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to download responses for the most frequently asked questions.