Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Admissions
The 2023 MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Application has closed.
Eligibility | Criteria | Process | Components | Interviews | Decisions | FAQ
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Eligibility
Applicants must fulfill ALL of the following requirements in order to be eligible for a 2022 Master Teacher II+ Fellowship:
- Be in the 2019 Master Teacher Fellowship cohort OR have successfully completed a full Master Teacher Fellowship.
- Work full-time in grades K-12 in a New York City public or charter school and plan to do so for the next four years.
- Teach mathematics, science or computer science for at least 60% of their schedule.
MƒA Reapplication Policy
There is no limit on how many times a teacher may apply for a fellowship at MƒA. However, a teacher may not apply for any fellowship at MƒA more than twice in four years. We encourage you to use this policy to help decide when to apply.
Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Admissions Criteria
The Master Teacher II+ Fellowship is awarded to teachers who will advance their influence, thought leadership, and innovative practices as a result of learning opportunities offered through MƒA. In this way, a Master Teacher II+ Fellowship is different from a Master Teacher Fellowship.
MƒA seeks applications from teachers who have taken advantage of the learning opportunities from their previous MƒA fellowship and who are eager to expand their impact within MƒA, their schools, and the broader educational landscape.
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Overall Admissions Process
The admissions process asks applicants to reflect on their previous Master Teacher Fellowship(s) and the ways in which they used their previous fellowship(s) to create value for themselves, their students, and their fellow educators.
Applicants will also share their ideas about how they will create more value and impact in their next fellowship.
The Application Process is as follows:
- Submit a written application (via the MƒA website)
- MƒA reviews your application and your participation in the previous fellowship
- You are either invited to interview, accepted early decision, or declined (See below for more details.)
- MƒA issues final fellowship award decisions in mid-March
|Application Available||Application Deadline||Interview Notification||Interview
January 9, 2023
February 3, 2023
|February 13 -
March 7, 2023
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship Written Application Components
- Writing Exercises: You will complete a series of writing exercises about experiences from your prior MƒA fellowship and your ideas on how you might utilize a future fellowship to expand your influence and impact.
- Contact Information for One Reference: You will provide contact information for one MƒA colleague. The MƒA Colleague will then receive a customized reference form to complete on your behalf.
- Observation Report(s): You will submit your most recent observation (formal or informal).
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship: Invitation to Interview
Teachers who meet the above admissions criteria and who are not accepted early decision will be invited to a 30-minute interview after which a final decision will be made.
MƒA Master Teacher II+ Fellowship: Early Decision Acceptance
A select group of teachers who demonstrate exceptional evidence of advancing their influence, thought leadership, and innovative practices will be awarded a Master Teacher II+ Fellowship via early decision. These candidates will have their interview waived.