In the News | May 5, 2021
For Teacher Appreciation Week, MƒA President John Ewing joined former MƒA Executive Director Kara Stern on Snack-Size PD, a YouTube series for over-zoomed educators, to talk about what it really means to treat teachers with respect. The discussion focused on how we carry teachers with us through our lives and the degree to which those teachers change our lives.
Ewing shared answers and insight to three main questions posed by Stern:
- What specific teacher would you like to thank this Teacher Appreciation Week?
- Hint: his tough, but fun 12th grade calculus teacher
- What is one action principals can take to help teachers feel supported and respected?
- Hint: TRUST
- If you could give every teacher a gift for Teacher Appreciation Week, what would it be?
- Hint: the knowledge of knowing their impacts on students
Watch the full episode here.