MƒA Master Teacher Emeritus
MƒA Master Teacher Emeritus is an opportunity for former MƒA Master Teachers to remain active in the MƒA community after their fellowship has ended. MƒA Emeritus teachers have access to a suite of opportunities so they might continue to engage in, contribute to, and benefit from the MƒA teacher community at large. As with their MƒA Master Teacher Fellowships, MƒA Master Teachers Emeritus have access to courses in the MƒA Course Catalog and other professional growth opportunities.
How It Works
MƒA Master Teachers who previously held an MƒA Master Teacher Fellowship for at least two full years and currently serve as a “teacher of record” for at least one STEM class in a public or charter K-12 school may apply to become an MƒA Teacher Emeritus. Teachers interested in joining Emeritus should email us to receive an application to complete. Applications are only open and processed once a year, over the summer. MƒA Master Teacher Emeritus provides the following over the course of one academic year:
- Invitation to apply for Impact Grants of up to $1,000 to be used for professional opportunities that further STEM classroom practice
- Access to the MƒA teaching community and membership in MƒA’s private online community, the Small-World Network
- Registration for available courses at MƒA each semester, as well as MƒA talks, lectures, and events, such as MT2: Master Teachers on Teaching
- Invitation to attend MƒA social events and outings, as well as a lottery to attend the MƒA Fall ƒunction
- Funding towards an annual membership subscription to a STEM teacher organization, including NCTM, NSTA, etc.