MƒA Master Teacher Emeritus
MƒA Master Teacher Emeritus is an opportunity for former MƒA Master Teachers to remain active in the MƒA community after their fellowship has ended. MƒA Emeritus teachers have access to a suite of opportunities so they might continue to engage in, contribute to, and benefit from the MƒA teacher community at large. As with their MƒA Master Teacher Fellowships, MƒA Master Teachers Emeritus have access to courses in the MƒA Course Catalog and other professional growth opportunities.
How It Works
MƒA Master Teachers who previously held an MƒA Master Teacher Fellowship for at least two full years and currently serve as a “teacher of record” for at least one class may apply to become an MƒA Teacher Emeritus. Teachers interested in joining Emeritus should email us to receive a form to complete. Once processed, a teacher becomes Emeritus. MƒA Master Teacher Emeritus provides the following options of engagement:
- Invitation to apply for Emeritus Grants of up to $1,000 to be used for professional opportunities that further STEM classroom practice
- Access to the MƒA teaching community and membership in MƒA’s private online community, the Small-World Network
- Open registration for available courses at MƒA each semester, as well as MƒA talks, lectures, and events, such as MT2: Master Teachers on Teaching
- Invitation to attend MƒA social events and outings, as well as lottery to attend the MƒA Fall ƒunction
- Funding towards an annual membership subscription to a STEM teacher organization, including NCTM, NSTA, etc.