Thank you for your interest in the 2014 MƒA DC Fellowship, a fellowship for people entering the mathematics teaching profession. The application is now closed.
Starting in the 2014-2015 school year, we are no longer accepting applicants for the MƒA DC Fellowship. Click here to learn more about MƒA DC and the MƒA DC Master Teacher Fellowship.
What do I need to be eligible for the MƒA DC Fellowship?
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university OR have an undergraduate degree conferred by June 2014.
- Complete substantial coursework in mathematics (a minimum of 18 credits in mathematics or related courses at the calculus level or higher).
- Be new to teaching.
- Know and love math!
How do I apply?
- Complete the MƒA Fellowship online application, which includes uploading your resume and submitting a personal statement.
- Provide the names and contact information of two recommenders (mathematics professor and professional reference) who will complete and submit a recommendation form electronically on your behalf.
- Send an official sealed transcript from each postsecondary school attended to each MƒA site to which you are applying.
- Take the ETS Praxis II Mathematics Content Knowledge exam (ETS code 5161). Download instructions for registering for the Praxis exams.
- Plan to enter a graduate credential program at MƒA DC partner American University. MƒA DC will forward all application materials to American University and handle your entrance into the program. American University requires all applicants to take and submit scores from the GRE, which can be completed before or after admission into the MƒA DC Fellowship.
- Take a deep breath – you can do this!
What are the deadlines?
- February 9, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. To meet the final deadline you must take the Praxis exams by January 25, 2014.
- Get started soon!
When will I find out if I am accepted?
- Applicants will be notified within two to three weeks of the application deadline if they have been selected for an interview.
- Finalist Interviews will be held on March 2 and March 16, 2014.
- Candidates will be notified by March 26, 2014. The program begins in June 2014.
- We’ll be as excited as you!