Thank you for your interest in the 2014 MƒA NY Fellowship, a fellowship for people entering the mathematics teaching profession. The application is now closed.
What do I need to be eligible for the MƒA NY Fellowship?
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university OR have an undergraduate degree conferred by June 2014.
- Complete substantial coursework in mathematics (a minimum of 21 credits in mathematics or related courses at the calculus level or higher).
- Be new to teaching.
- Know and love math!
How do I apply?
- Complete the MƒA Fellowship online application.
- Provide the names and contact information of two recommenders (mathematics professor and professional reference) who will complete and submit a recommendation form electronically on your behalf.
- Send an official sealed transcript from each postsecondary school attended to each MƒA site to which you are applying.
- Take the ETS Praxis II Mathematics Content Knowledge exam (ETS code 5161). The Praxis exam is a test of high school mathematics through Calculus. Check the Upcoming Events page on our website in December for scheduled Praxis review sessions in the winter and spring.
- Plan to enter a graduate credential program at MƒA NY partner university, The City College of New York (CCNY). MƒA NY will forward all application materials to the partner university and handle your entrance into the program.
- Take a deep breath – you can do this!
What are the deadlines?
- Regular Deadline: February 9, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. To meet the final deadline you must take the Praxis exam by January 25, 2014. These applicants will be notified by February 19, 2014 if they have been selected for an interview.
- Priority Deadline: January 12, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. To qualify for the Priority Deadline you must take the Praxis exam by December 21, 2013. These applicants will receive priority consideration and be notified by January 22, 2014 if they have been selected for an interview.
- Download and print the 2014 MƒA Fellowship application timeline and checklist to learn important dates and reminders throughout the application process. Click here to access the timeline.
- Get started soon!
When will I find out if I am accepted?
- Finalist Interviews will be held on March 8-9 and March 22-23.
- Candidates will be notified by March 26, 2014. The program begins in June 2014.
- We’ll be as excited as you!
Learn more about the application process in our MƒA NY Fellowship FAQs.
Find out more about the MƒA fellowship experience in our "Meet the MƒA Corps" series.