Thank you for your interest in the 2014 MƒA LA Fellowship, a fellowship for people entering the mathematics teaching profession. The application is now closed.
Starting in the 2014-2015 school year, we are no longer accepting applicants for the MƒA LA Fellowship. Click here to learn more about MƒA LA and the MƒA LA Master Teacher Fellowship.
What do I need to be eligible for the MƒA LA Fellowship?
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university OR have an undergraduate degree conferred by June 2014.
- Complete substantial coursework in mathematics (a minimum of 18 credits in mathematics or related courses at the calculus level or higher).
- Be new to teaching.
- Know and love math!
How do I apply?
- Complete the MƒA Fellowship online application, which includes uploading your resume and submitting a personal statement.
- Provide the names and contact information of two recommenders (mathematics professor and professional reference) who will complete and submit a recommendation form electronically on your behalf.
- Send an official sealed transcript from each postsecondary school attended to each MƒA site to which you are applying.
- Take and submit scores from one ETS Praxis II Math Content Knowledge exam, CBEST (California Basic Educational Skills Test) and the CSET (California Subject Examinations for Teachers). Submit scores to MƒA LA.
- Determine the MƒA LA partner university (University of Southern California or Claremont Graduate University) that you would like to attend. If interested in attending University of Southern California, apply directly. MƒA LA will forward application materials to Claremont Graduate University for Fellows who indicate that school as their preference.
- Take a deep breath – you can do this!
What are the deadlines?
- Regular Deadline: February 9, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. To meet the final deadline you must take the Praxis exams by January 25, 2014.
- Priority Deadline: January 12, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. These applicants will receive priority consideration and be notified by January 22, 2014 if they have been selected for an interview. To qualify for the Priority Deadline you must take the Praxis exams by December 21, 2013.
- Get started soon!
When will I find out if I am accepted?
- Applicants will be notified by March 1, 2013 if they have been selected for an interview.
- Finalist Interviews will be held in March. Candidates will be notified by April 1, 2014. The program begins in June 2014.
- We’ll be as excited as you!