Thank you for your interest in the 2014 MƒA Boston Fellowship, a fellowship for people entering the mathematics teaching profession.
Starting this 2014-2015 school year, we are no longer accepting applicants for the MƒA Boston Fellowship. Click here to learn more about MƒA Boston.
What do I need to be eligible for the MƒA Boston Fellowship?
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university OR have an undergraduate degree conferred by June 2014.
- Complete substantial coursework in mathematics (a minimum of 24 credits in mathematics or related courses at the calculus level or higher) and possess strong mathematical content knowledge.
- Be new to teaching.
- Know and love math!
How do I apply?
- Apply directly to Boston College Lynch School of Education’s Master of Science in Teaching (M.S.T.) degree program in mathematics education and follow their application instructions described on the page here.
- NOTE: The deadline for Boston College is January 1, 2014 and all application materials described on their webpage must be received by them before this date, in addition to the application materials uploaded with the online MƒA Fellowship application.
- Complete the MƒA Fellowship online application, which includes uploading your resume, submitting a personal statement, and providing the names and contact information of two recommenders (mathematics professor and professional reference) who will complete and submit a recommendation form electronically to MfA on your behalf.
- Send an official sealed transcript from each postsecondary school attended to each MƒA site to which you are applying.
- Take and submit GRE General Test Scores to Boston College’s Lynch School of Education by January 1, 2014 by entering institution code 3218 when registering for the test.
- Take a deep breath – you can do this!
What are the deadlines?
- The application is due January 1, 2014.
- Get started soon!
When will I find out if I am accepted?
- Applicants will be notified by February 19, 2014 if they have been selected for an interview.
- Finalist Interviews will be held during March 2014.
- Candidates will be notified by the end of March 2014. The program begins in June, 2014.
- We’ll be as excited as you!