MƒA is dedicated to attracting and developing highly motivated professionals with a wide range of experience and expertise. Please see below for open positions.
MƒA seeks a passionate and talented Recruitment Associate to play a pivotal role in recruiting one of the most diverse and talented cohort of MƒA teachers yet. By meeting ambitious goals, you help drive outstanding teachers to become a part of the prestigious MƒA community, furthering our mission of getting inspiring, expert mathematics and science teachers in front of every student in America. Reporting to the Head of Recruitment, the Recruitment Associate builds and maintains the talent pipeline through relationship-building, digital organizing, and large-scale grassroots efforts. The Recruitment Associate is tasked with inspiring a broad network of teachers and working with the outreach team to implement recruiting strategies that generates a high-quality applicant pool for MƒA's three fellowships.
- Develop and execute high-profile recruitment events in locations throughout the city
- Participate in the development of new and innovative recruitment strategies
- Actively network in order establish relationships and recruitment opportunities
- Lead frontline efforts to build and maintain relationships with high-caliber teaching talent
- Communicate MƒA program details convincingly to teachers and school leaders
- Manage applicant progress through a prospect database, and provide personalized follow-up to applicants from application creation to completion
- Cultivate relationships with teachers in the MƒA community in order to develop new avenues for recruitment
- Establish new recruiting relationships in targeted schools by making key contacts with teachers and administrators outside of MƒA's fellowships
- Maintain and manage existing school partnerships
- Write compelling advocacy e-mails
- Work closely and develop strong relationships with MƒA admissions & communications teams
- Participate in the admissions selection process for all fellowships
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 2-3 years of work experience in the areas of recruiting, events, community-organizing, or outreach. Interest in mathematics, science education, or social media, a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter explaining qualifications to email@example.com. Salary will commensurate with experience and comes with an excellent benefits package.
MƒA seeks candidates for this position who are detail oriented, calm under pressure, have excellent time management and communication skills and are comfortable speaking in front of groups.
MƒA Workshop Assistant
The MƒA Program Team works to support our community of teachers in a variety of ways, from working to develop the kinds of high quality workshops and events that define our professional community and engages our teachers in ongoing professional growth.
The program team seeks an MƒA Workshop Assistants to work part-time up to 20 hours per week with the MƒA program team to ensure the smooth implementation of all evening programs and special events.
Work Hours: Mid-September –Mid- June; Monday – Friday, 4PM – 8PM.* Some flexibility with Fridays.
Responsibilities: Include classroom setup, audio visual and other technology checks, course materials preparation, food and beverage oversight, lending library maintenance, greeting and getting to know teachers, and general clean up after events.
Reporting to the Program Associate, MƒA Workshop Assistants must be flexible to accommodate the logistical challenges of program implementation. Additional responsibilities may include traveling to offsite workshops, data entry, and working as a host at the front desk.
Compensation: $15.00/hour; 20 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have some experience with event management and/or hosting, as well as an aptitude for organization. We seek candidates for this position who are self-starters, technologically savvy, outgoing, friendly and clear communicators.
Please send resume and cover letter explaining qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.